Unknown quantities

Grub
Grub
05/09/2003 8:47 am
Vai, Satch, Steve Morse,early Van Halen, the Hellecasters and Eric Johnson apart, rock's not really my thing so I dont recognise a lot of these names that keep cropping up. Ive seen their names in guitar mags but I tend to gloss over em. still I'm open minded so I'm happy to give em a listen. problem is I dont have a computer at home so no chance of downloading MP3's at work. so comparing em with Eddie, Satch & Vai how do they rate and compare.

Michael Angelo
Jon Petrucci
Zak Wylde
Paul Gilbert
Rusty Cooley
Shawn Lane
Buckethead
Frank Gambale
Jason Becker
Dimebag Darrell
# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
05/09/2003 4:54 pm
Michael Angelo : Speed King and Ambidextrous, so watch out !
John Petrucci : Haven't you heard of the band "Dream Theater" ? Btw, he's currently the 3rd man in the G3 with Sacth and Vai.
Zakk Wylde : Ozzy's guitarist , and Black Label Society lead man.
Paul Gilbert : Mr. Big , Racer X , Solo ... GIT graduate .
Jason Becker : The Ultimate King of sweep picking kings.
Dimebag Darrell : Pantera's guitarist , not very technical but he kicks !
Buckethead : The new GNR lead guitarist , he's cool but I prefere Slash.

Frank Gambale,Shawn Lane,Rusty Cooley are mainly jazz/fusion stuff which is not my fav thing .
# 2
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/09/2003 10:27 pm
Like slay said, Angelo is the speed king and funny to watch when he does his hand tricks and play´s on two necks. Also when he skipps from neck to neck at high speed is truly amazing.

Petrucci is probably best. He´s got evrything, speed, felling and amazing creativity.

Zakk is my huge fav. He´s playn´is great and his posing is better than Slash´s. King of the Screamin´ notes.

Gilbert is also one of my fav. and a big influence. It was thax to him I got into string skipping stuff. Fast as hell especially during Racer X era and is pretty much of an alarounded guitarist now. Play´s evrything from pop to metal.

Becker is the king of sweeping and one of world´s most talanted players. When you think that he was only like 17-21 yrs. old while he did all those amaznig things...well. I feel very very very sorry for him ´cause of his ilness. He had so much more to give but yet he gave us A LOT. Get well soon my man!!!

Dime is prince of riffs (James Hetfield is the king). He´s a cool player and I have to disagree with Sly ´cause Dime has amazing technique. Can play very fast when he want´s and he does it often. Has amazing bar technique. Negative thing about him would be some off horrible solos he done when nothing makes sence but still, it´s orginal. Also main melody of Hollow is a masterpiece.

Bucket, much more techniqual than Slash. Can produce some amazing sound out of his guitar and is at Angelos level of speed. But compared to Angelo, Bucket have much more felling in his playn´. ´His solo work is pshyco.

Of these named players you should definitly check out the following ones:

JOHN PETRUCCI (DREAM THEATER)
ZAKK WYLDE (OZZY/BLACK LABEL SOCIETY)
PAUL GILBERT (RACER X/MR. BIG)
JASON BECKER (CACOPHANY/SOLO STUFF)
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 3
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
05/09/2003 10:44 pm
I didn't mean that Dimebag su*ks technically , he's just not as Becker or Petrucci (he never sweep , he never goes to 300 bpm , see what I mean).

But he's a main influence to me , I love his tremolo,harmonics,effects and tricks & I learned a lot from his stuff ... Pantera was my fav band at some period too (From the release of "ReLoad" till the release of "reinventing the steel").

I'm Born again , with Snake's eyes ..... Becoming ,,, GODSIZE ! ;)
# 4
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
05/09/2003 11:19 pm
But compared to Angelo, Bucket have much more felling in his playn´.

Ive never understood how you could measure that...can you explain it to me?
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 5
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/10/2003 11:12 am
I know some Buckethead songs that really can relax me. That´s what´s felling to me, when somthing is so beautiful to hear that it can relax you.

The song that I think has most felling of any is Bonhemian Rhapsody. First it sleeps me down and than when the rock part comes it wakes me up and I feel so...kind off high.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.