How do you string a Floyd Rose Guitar?

Cody_King
Cody_King
05/02/2003 1:07 am
Need help with this. anyone have a site that might explain so i dont waste my strings.
# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
05/02/2003 2:27 am
It's only different from the bridge , you'll get used to it after the first couple of times.

1) Put your trem bar in it's place and raise the bridge to it's max (let the bar hit the neck) , place something with same volume of a 9v battery (I prefere to put a rubber eraser instead of a battery cuz it can never hurt the finish if it accidently hit the guitar body) between the bridge and the guitar body to hold the bridge outside so that you can handle it easily.

2) Depending on your FR bridge type , most FR bridges need the ball end of the string to be removed (I'm sure you can handel this) then you fix them in place by using an allen key to unscrew and screw the block that will hold the string into the bridge (that's the most difficult part of the process) , and some Ibanez FR bridges take the ball end which needs no explanation of course ... So whatever your bridge type is , fix your strings into the bridge individualy and attach them to the machine heads with a resonable tension (don't tune , just lock till the string is stable in the machine head).

3) After you're done with all of the strings , remove the 9v battery and get your axe tuned up.

Important Note:
===============

Stick with the same string gauge not to get in trouble with FR springs , intonation & truss rod adjustment , cuz these may be a little tricky if you're not familiar with'em.
# 2
Cody_King
Cody_King
05/02/2003 8:51 am
Hard to get it to tune, dosent help i dont have a tuner near by.
# 3
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
05/02/2003 10:32 pm
Tuning isn't a problem without a tuner , you can tune into any cd ... Try a song that has lot's of open strings notes (preferably Low E string).
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.