Songs in Modes

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
04/26/2003 10:13 pm
What are your favorite songs using a mode?Name the mode if you know it.
Fade To Black-Metallica(Phrygian)

Thats the only song I am sure of thats in a mode, other than just major or minor.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
05/02/2003 11:16 pm
Yeah , it isnt phrygian at all.

The intro in the key of D , Aeolian mode which is B minor .
Then it switches to the key of C , Aeolian mode too which is A minor for the verses.
Then into the dist part in the key of G , E minor (aeolian) aeolian mode.
Then Back to B minor (aeolian) in the key of D.
# 2
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
05/03/2003 1:44 am
in guitar world, it says in the solo that hammett combines the B phrygian and B lydian (i think its lydian) scales

but that's just guitar world
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 3
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
05/03/2003 12:08 pm
Combines B phrygian and B lydian ????!!!!
And Howzzat? :confused:

B phrygian is in the key of G maj , B lydian is F# major key !! while the intro's rhythm is in the key of D major and resolves into a B note , so it must be B minor (aeolian).

The outro's solo got a C instead of C# which is an accidental, I don't know if you can call this phrygian mode since the key is the same , but it's mosly natural B minor (aeolian) throughout.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.