who would have guessed?

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
04/22/2003 11:16 pm
Metallica's new album wil NOT, repeat, NOT have any solos on it. :(
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 1
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
04/23/2003 2:22 am
I'm not suprised. They cut they're hair cause it went out of style, so why not stop doing solos since new metal doesn't have solo's. No offense to those who like them but Metallica is just a posterboard slogan of "I will do anything to be kool again".
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 2
theeshredder
theeshredder
04/23/2003 8:14 am
thank god they aint doing any solos on the album cause i am fed up with kirk hammets dam wah sound and his cheesy solos please james step up to the plate (if ya got licks) hehe our just let ja rule pick up the guitar and do 1 for them sence hes on a track so i heard
"to shred or not to shred that is thee question"
# 3
janir123
janir123
04/23/2003 9:01 am
You're right. I think Hetfield has a lot more boner in his playing than Hammett. I on the other hand couldn't care less anyway 'cause I'm fed up with whole band. They're what got me into shredding because of their innovative melodies and great riffs. You can't say that anymore, can you?
Bring back Ride The Lightning and Master and maybe then they would have my interest again...
Thanks

Jani
# 4
Cody_King
Cody_King
04/23/2003 10:32 am
It must be nice to be in there shoes anyhow, they could play master of puppets 10 times in one show and still sale the whole tour every place they go.

As for the new Album ill judge it when i hear it.
# 5
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
04/23/2003 2:21 pm
zepp_rules - where did you get that from dude ?

If it's true , then they should legaly change their name to Alternica.

I'm not expecting much from the next album , I think it will have a siginificant amount of rapping anyway.
# 6
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
04/23/2003 7:27 pm
http://www.4horsemen.4t.com/framenews.html
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

# 7
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
04/23/2003 7:31 pm
Damn, if that´s correct I wont even bother to buy it. Man, I wonder if Kirk can play his old solos.

It wouldn´t suprise me if they took it to the next level wich is PLAYBACK. Imagine Seek And Destroy live but Playback. Buuuuuuuu!!!!!
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 8
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
04/23/2003 7:37 pm
i've noticed that most metallica fans are pretty alienated lately. if they mess this album up, they stand to lose a lot.

# 9
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
04/23/2003 7:45 pm
One thing is for sure , never buy before you try ... I don't think I'm gonna buy anyway.

What sickens me Dejan, is that Kirk can still play his old solos without messing , check out any old stuff played on a recent concert like S&M ... He's probably out of new solo ideas, the problem is in his ability to create more than the ability to play.

[Edited by SLY on 04-23-2003 at 02:49 PM]
# 10
MikeP.
MikeP.
04/24/2003 7:46 pm
First off I bet they will have guitar solos on St. Anger
second they sound like they are returning to their old style of playing and saint Anger will DEFINATELY be the loudest of the Metallica Albums.
An added bonus is when St. Anger is released there will be a live DVD included of the band performing St. Anger songs (with Robert Trujillo even though on the cd Bob Rock recorded the bass parts) for the price of ONE CD (meaning when you buy the CD you also get the DVD!)

Goto http://www.metallica.com and sign up for jump in the studio and watch the live videos from the beginning to the end of the recording. There are many hours of video footage as well as pics on the site. Then visit the official Metallica forums for a ****load of info :-)
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.
# 11
theeshredder
theeshredder
04/26/2003 11:29 pm
thats true i think i have had it with solos there getting to a point were they all sound the same in my opinion dont get me wrong though i like metallica but it just kidda sucks when the band says that there just releasing the record so they can make some quick cash if they were really into there fans they would have said were doing this record for our fans without them we wont be **** now all you hardcore fans that bash on bands and say they sold out can i hear a big ****in true SELL OUTS
"to shred or not to shred that is thee question"
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.