Home studio on a P.C,???????

captureroftyme
captureroftyme
04/16/2003 3:46 am
Hello all, i have a question, it may sound stupid but i've got to ask. I was wondering what you need, what kind of adapter I need to plug my guitar into my pc to record?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. And by the way, Hello to everyone , I'm a first timer so im just gettin used to everything.
# 1
captureroftyme
captureroftyme
04/16/2003 7:27 am
ya it helps thanks, i figured i could plug into my mic input but was affraid i might blow something. What is this Dl box though? And can I go from my marshall into the pc or would that be a little much?
# 2
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
05/01/2003 3:53 am
I've recorded many songs on my PC. What I did, was buy an adapter, as mentioned in the post above, and plugged it into my soundcard.

I am using a digitech effects board so I just run my cable from the output to the soundcard and my input to my guitar.

The program I use to record is called Magix Music Studio 7. It's awesome. It gives you up to 32 tracks to record on allowing you to layer mask (recording a part and then copying twice to make it sound even heavier) the program comes with a mixer and thousands of options to fine tune the sound exactly how you want it. You can switch speakers causing it to fade from left to right just to name a few cool things. It's really worth the $70 I paid for it. You can buy it at any major electronics store. I believe I got mine from best buy.

You can pick up the adapters from Wal-Mart or any place that has electronic stuff. For my drum beats I use Fruity Loops.

Hope this helps.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 3
captureroftyme
captureroftyme
05/01/2003 4:44 am
Thanks guys, ive got the software (cool edit pro) and the drum software (fruity loops). Sam Ash music says i need an audio interface and some special sound card both cost $150 a peice, are they just tryin to screw me or what? can i go from my effects send on my marshall into my line in or mic input?
# 4
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
05/01/2003 3:32 pm
I use a $149.00 Digitech Rp200 going directly into the generic soundcard in my computer and use the free version of Protools on the digidesign website. You need to have windows 98 though for that because it is not compatible with XP or NT.
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.