View post (Perfect Pitch Secret)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
04/08/2003 10:18 pm
Originally posted by u10ajf
I happen to know for instance that the lowest note I can reliably hit is open "A". [/B]

Haha. Me too. I got about a 2 octave range above that too, trying to work up higher. But my voice keeps cracking and I feel like my balls need reattached. LOL

Don't always sing the notes though, take time to just listen to them. Sing when the exercise says to sing them, listen when the exercise says to listen. That's the key, listening. The ability comes from hearing them and gradually letting your ear become more familiar with it's "color".

I.e. Knowing F# sounds like "weir" is just the first step. As you listen more and more, your ear will go up different levels of hearing the F#. As your going up each level of perception your ear will learn more of the subtle differences between F# and all the other notes. Once your at the highest level, F# will no longer be confused with any other note. That's when you have absolute pitch.

Naming and sing them at random is just something that comes natural once your ear has acquired the ability. It's not something you learn or remember. In the end, it's just a feeling.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.