View post (Interesting shredders please!)

View thread

Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
03/29/2003 12:34 pm
I would count Becker into progressive music. There are lots of wacky rythms on his songs and he´s definitly not a neo-classical guitar player.

I adore the closing traack on Perpetual Burn called Opus Pocus. That one is amazing and yet possible to play. Evrything else is death hard as a whole but some parts here and there are playable. Amazing influence and inspiration he is.

Cacaphony is also a god blessed band. Probably the best twin guitar band ever. Too bad that the voclas on those records isn´t great as the guitar work and drum work as well.

And than there´s Kirk. I don´t know why lots of people basiclly hate him. So underated but amazing in my opinion. Now I know his work on the last two albums are not any good but during the eightis his solos were amazing. Solo in Disposable Heroes is one of my absolute favorit solos ever.

I agree with Sly that neo classical syle is pretty boring. Basiclly same thing whole the time but still cool in a way and would be hella cool if I could master it 100%. However Michael Romeo is beyond neo classical and he is pretty much allaround I think. Tapping isn´t much of neo classical style but Romeo´s tapping licks kills.

Also Steve Vai´s music can be extremly boring in the length. It seems like he was high while recording some stuff. Little Green Man is an amazing tone. (We have came a long way we hope our ships are O.K. e eo e eo...) funny one.

Dejan S. No speed limit