Practice Amps

Slasher
Slasher
03/27/2003 9:45 pm
Now, amps aren't my best subjects. I've got a Peavy Rage 158. It's only a little 15 watt thing n overall it aint too bad. The only thing that pisses me off about it is the fact that the master volume only works on when it is switched to clean. So because of this when you switch it to the Lead Channel (distortion), you have to use the pre/post gain to control the volume as well as the amount of distortion on the sound.
My question is, are there any practice amps (about the same output) out there for a reasonable price that the master volume controls the lead channel?
Remember, the chickens that fly will always beat the rubber plants that bounce!
# 1
flash2ace
flash2ace
04/04/2003 2:49 am
hmmm, thats weird how the volume dont work on the dirty channel, never heard of that before. anyway ill suggest to you what i suggest to all my students, crate makes a decent practice amp and usually when your talking about 15 watt amps or a little bigger there aint much difference in them regardless of name, maybe some cost a little more than others. i would also look at the cheap marshals as ive played through a few and they bark pretty darn good, and all these amps ive listed the volume works for both channels. one more thing that might help you out and save you a few bucks just get a distortion pedal as then you can run it into the clean channel and use the volume after all and it might be cheaper for you.and with some of the new multi effects pedals on the market today you will get much more than distortion, chorus flange delay reverb phase and pitch shifting along with many distortion choices come standard in the zoom 606 and it comes with a exspresion pedal a well. its not gonna make you happy forever but ill tell you it will open alot of options for you with sounds. i think they sell for like 70 bucks or a little more on http://www.musiciansfriend.com anyway good luck and if you have any questions feel free to email me at flash2ace@yahoo.com
play music unto the lord in a manner of praise.
# 2
sithgt6
sithgt6
04/04/2003 6:59 pm
The pre/post gain controls are a common set up to a good number of amps. All you need to do is set the pre gain to the amount of gain (distortion) that you would like and then the post gain essentially becomes the master volume for the lead channel.

D.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.