Installing Strings Wrong??

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
03/18/2003 2:06 am
OK, my friend has an acoustic (Ovation) and he always puts the strings on wrong. He installs the ends of the strings to the outside of the tuners all way around the six tuners. First of all, this is wrong?yes?
Secondly, now there seems to be constant buzzing from his 5th and 6th string, and I have a feeling it is because of the way he installed the strings. His guitar is less than one year old, and purchased at a good store.
Could the way the string were installed have any effect on the buzzing?

P.S. I thought maybe the eztra strain coming from the strings at the head could be doing something to the bridge.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
03/18/2003 4:37 am
Sounds like your friend is lucky that you are his friend, just tell him to put the strings on the right way and quit being a bonehead, he's creating his own problems by not stringing the guitar the way it was made to be strung.......
# 2
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
03/19/2003 9:18 pm
I have told him a million times and showed him the way the strings are supposed to be put on, but I don't know. I guess he's been listening to music to loud lately.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.