View post (More stories....)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
03/23/2001 3:49 am
Ide rather have a show off drummer working with me on stage, because then I would know that hes confident enough in case I wan'ted to throw him some impulsive unprepared ideas at the last moment. There were a few times when i was playing with my band where the owner of the club wan'ted us to extent our show because the second act hadn't arrived yet, I was prepared with a few extra cover songs under my belt. I just told our fill in drummer to just keep a steady beat and kind feel his way through with the rest of us. But he was asking too many questions with such little time, I understand the guy was a bit unexperienced, since he joined our group at the last minute, but he was really nervous and afraid to make a mistake that he sounded like one of those programmed drum machines. With that said, it was very difficult to get the crowd started that night (as well as finish up the set with a bang. I like working with confident musicians, those who aren't afraid to be themselves, those who are impulsive, like myself. :D

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."