View post (Macaroni & Cheese)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/10/2000 6:17 am
ok...TV's just another boring Klingon story so Mary...where are you...time to warm up Schmange's lap again.
hmm...this goes back to my first relatively big gig at Markham Community Centre...about 800 people. We're back stage and the audience is majorly booing the opening band. 2 guys in our band are backstage sucking on lemons cause they'd heard it gets rid of nervousness.
I'm downing Zombies so I feel pretty good but not quite with it.
Time for the first song....the band orders everybody out of the dressing room so we can have a final pep talk...."don't worry..there's nothing to be nervous about...just cause they're booing the first band off stage doesn't mean we're gonna suck or anything" (the keyboard player is turning kinda green)
We run out on stage...the prerecorded music starts as we grab our instruments... I put on my guitar acting real cool. I walk to the front of the stage, wave at the audience and launch into my first huge power chord...and BANG!!! the flashpod goes off right between my legs.... whoosh, smoke, fire, blinding heat .... I back off but it's too late. I smell my hair burning and for the rest of the show I've got a lovely huge black smudge covering my crotch and having to act like it was supposed to happen that way.
Try singing with your balls on fire sometime & you'll know what it felt like.