Pawn shop bought Guitars

ksisson
ksisson
09/27/2000 5:24 pm
After reading the horror stories in here, I don't feel so bad for paying $550.00 for a '63 Strat last week. Just Kidding! (I heard you cussing out there!) Seriously, my first electric came from a pawn shop and I feel like I got treated pretty fairly. I know the Lord was watching out for me, 'cause back then I didn't know a humbucker from a hole in the ground. I just knew it was easier to fret an electric and since I had just been appointed Worship Leader in our church, I figured the congregation wouldn't flip out too much if I started wielding a real ax - as long as I stayed off the distortion pedal during the hymns! So I go into this pawn shop trying to look like I knew what I was doin' and I take down this Peavey T-60 in mint condition 'cept for the lightly used pickguard. I've never seen another like it - I have since then checked out their website and they no longer make it. It sports a double cutaway rounded out with a really big bottom - kinda like a hollowbody without the f holes, but this booger is solid so it is HEA VEE!! But of course that makes for great sustain. The finish is a great sunburst, but half of it is covered with a black pickguard whose shape is almost identical to the Fender P-Bass. Bolt on neck, rosewood fretboard, two HB, 3-way switch and one 2-way to throw 'em out of phase. Tone and Volume for each p/u. Hardshell case. And this nice little Gorilla practice amp with 3-band EQ and built in overdrive.

Before I tell you how much I paid for this rig, how much would YOU have shelled out for it?

[This message has been edited by ksisson (edited 10-04-2000).]
# 1
theoneIam
theoneIam
05/06/2004 3:08 am
theres a place called "cash converters" where I live and they have a ton of old off brand guitars, bought an old "KAY" hollow body (looks like an ES-175) double cut-away and red woodgrain finish, thru the body neck, not a bolt on, so I put a dimarzio pickup in it and it wails, has a sound all its own and no tuning problems........
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.