greater works than these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flash2ace
flash2ace
03/12/2003 1:34 am
hi all this is a new song i just finshed tracking the other day and have remixed it twice to get a semi acceptable sound lol. i would love some criticism on this so i can remix it 2 more times or until it is wright. i am not a quitter lol.im realy glad to see this site has added this section to its contents and hopefully well get more recorders here soon. thanks for the listen and god bless, tim pate. http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1751&alid=-1 greater works.
play music unto the lord in a manner of praise.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/12/2003 3:32 am
Hey Dude, I think there is trouble with the link, you may want to check it. I also know that Nowhere radio have been having technical problems lately so the problem may be at their end !

I tried it @ 21:32 CST on the 11th of March.

Keep 'em coming
S

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
flash2ace
flash2ace
03/12/2003 11:35 am
i just tried the link it is working today. walter over at nowhere bought two new servers and his service has gotten pretty good, so im gonna upgrade my webspace and pay him some money. the guys over at home recording said that this song i posted is muddy sounding and that the voxs need to come up some. ill wait till you listen to it and see what you think. thanks for the try. god bless tim pate
play music unto the lord in a manner of praise.
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/15/2003 9:24 pm
I think the back line is OK however the vocals need some work.

Here are several things that i do to try and make my life easy when doing vocals:

Headphone mix: try turning everything up/down a little bit or even using only one of the headphones (whilst being careful of feedback). You could try listening to your self dry (with out any reverb) in the phones mix. Cutting out all non essential instrument tracks out of the headphone mix is sometimes a helpful thing to do.

Monitoring: Listen to your selves through monitors (not headphones) when you are mixing. Headphones can make you sound more in tune than you really are (it is flattering in the short term but no good in the long term)

Composite tracks: If needs be, cut three main vocal track and make a composite of all the best bits (by punching in and bouncing bits of tracks). Double tracking can help here also.

Tighten up the harmonies: This just requires lots of practice and there is nothing that says they all have to be done in one take.

Hope this helps
S

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.