Why I left Guitar Tricks

CFM37
CFM37
04/15/2023 12:38 am

Guitar Tricks is a quality site for learning guitar. IMP the site is primaliry for beginner and intermediate guitar players. Many of the more advance players will use this site as a reference to play songs which have been transcribed with video. There was a major purge here with  300 songs. This is not the first time, awhile back all the Hendrix stuff got tossed. You can find most of the material which was purged on YouTube. For players like me the site no longer offered what I needed. I went to another website "Lick Libary" offering what I needed by replacing what was lost, especially if your into playing classic rock material.

Economics would be the answer the GT dropped the songs. A certain profit margin needed to be matained, with increasing cost of song royalties talking up a good portion of profits. They made a decision it appears, to cut 300 songs, thinking they would lose subscribers, but within a level of cancelations and losses they could tolerate.

Always wish them success and good fortune. Life is about change.

edited
# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
04/16/2023 1:03 pm

I just had a look at Lick Library and made a purchase - AC DC Highway to Hell. Danny is a great instructor. There are no tabs or play alongs but tabs are nice to have but not really required. And for play alongs, any of these songs are available on Karaokee Version. 

So to me, it makes for another great tool. What I really liked about the site is Danny does complete albums. Very nice.

Thanks for bringing this up.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
W3
Full Access
W3
Full Access
04/17/2023 2:26 pm

Yeah, like William i definitely had to check out Lick Library. It looks really good and I love their available selections. I like Danny's teaching style too. Yes, another great avenue for learning the music I love. Thanks so much for the referral!

# 3
CFM37
CFM37
04/18/2023 3:20 am
#2 Originally Posted by: William MG

I just had a look at Lick Library and made a purchase - AC DC Highway to Hell. Danny is a great instructor. There are no tabs or play alongs but tabs are nice to have but not really required. And for play alongs, any of these songs are available on Karaokee Version. 

So to me, it makes for another great tool. What I really liked about the site is Danny does complete albums. Very nice.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Glad I could help, I have most of their Classic Ablums material on DVD just so I don't lose it, if they lose rights. Zepplin, Pink Floyd Rush...ect.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.