View post (Why I love Gretsch guitars!)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
04/09/2023 1:43 am

Last year, I found my ultimate tonal niche, my Jazz Ibanez with Super '58s 'right tool for that job' in that niche notwithstanding.

The sound, playability and overall build quality of Gretschs' current Electromatics series ticks every box for me.

I thought this couldn't sound any better than it already does here, yet Gretsch have added even more value with the new FT-5E Filter'Trons  fitted to the current G5422TG! 

Was a truly tough cull buying my first Gretsch, but the double cut won out for me in the G5232T over the also much desired G5230T. Such an outstanding guitar for the money, and did I mention versatile? Laid back sweet neck Black Top Filter'Tron tone.  A few years older model same model (modded with Gretsch Mini Humbucker pickups) Electromatic Double Jet before the logo change, how about TS9 Tube Screamer assisted AC/DC anyone? Edit: A better Rock example of the G5232T's original Black'Top Filter'Tron pickups. Then to this, ersatz substitute for the early Beatles Harrisonesque vibe.

Sharing the magnificence. Love all my chosen instruments, but a Gretsch afficionado for life!

edited