Misssing Artists stubs


davem_or
Full Access
Joined: 10/31/17
Posts: 182
davem_or
Full Access
Joined: 10/31/17
Posts: 182
04/08/2023 11:12 pm

Hey, GT. Can you remove the Artist stubs that no longer have songs under them? Just like I can't find an entry for The Easybeats because you have no sonng lesssons, I shouldn't be able to pull up Heart to only find there are no songs there.


# 1
davem_or
Full Access
Joined: 10/31/17
Posts: 182
davem_or
Full Access
Joined: 10/31/17
Posts: 182
04/08/2023 11:21 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: davem_or

Hey, GT. Can you remove the Artist stubs that no longer have songs under them? Just like I can't find an entry for The Easybeats because you have no sonng lesssons, I shouldn't be able to pull up Heart to only find there are no songs there.

JFC! The Who is gone too?!


THIS AGRESSION WILL NOT STAND, MAN!


# 2
john of MT
Full Access
Joined: 10/08/09
Posts: 1,528
john of MT
Full Access
Joined: 10/08/09
Posts: 1,528
04/09/2023 2:33 pm

Song lessons by The Who were removed in early '21.  Ya' gotta keep up, man!  🤣 


I don't know if there were any subsequent lessons.  I kinda doubt it... I have the impression that the group is very tight with licensing. 


"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3
davem_or
Full Access
Joined: 10/31/17
Posts: 182
davem_or
Full Access
Joined: 10/31/17
Posts: 182
04/09/2023 10:22 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: john of MT

Song lessons by The Who were removed in early '21.  Ya' gotta keep up, man!  🤣 


I don't know if there were any subsequent lessons.  I kinda doubt it... I have the impression that the group is very tight with licensing. 

My semi-informed guess is that artists are selling their catalogs and the new owners are being tight asses about licensing. I know Pete Townshend sold his songs a  year or two ago and I'm guessing George Harrison's  estate has done the same thing.


Seriously, though, GT needs to remove the headers if they no longer have songs. That's  just false advertising.


# 4
john of MT
Full Access
Joined: 10/08/09
Posts: 1,528
john of MT
Full Access
Joined: 10/08/09
Posts: 1,528
04/10/2023 12:33 am
#4 Originally Posted by: davem_or

My semi-informed guess is that artists are selling their catalogs and the new owners are being tight asses about licensing. I know Pete Townshend sold his songs a  year or two ago and I'm guessing George Harrison's  estate has done the same thing.


Seriously, though, GT needs to remove the headers if they no longer have songs. That's  just false advertising.

Agree.


And agree.


"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 5
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Joined: 09/28/05
Posts: 3,493
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Joined: 09/28/05
Posts: 3,493
04/10/2023 10:33 pm

Hello all, we will work on getting those artist sections removed from the library. Apologies for any confusion! 


If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.