Thanks for the feedback on my Playing!

paulcavaliere
Full Access
paulcavaliere
Full Access
03/23/2023 2:49 pm

Hi Mike,

I received your video feedback and thought I share my thoughts.

I'm really happy about the new feature to submit videos for feedback on my playing.   I hope that it is a mainstay on Guitar Tricks.   Thanks you so much for taking the time and providing such valuable constructive feedback and positive reinforcement. I rewatched your feedback video a few times.  I got so much out of it.  Firstly by deciding to record myself it held me accountable to play the song well start to finish.   With the recording it was a tangible result after learning the song - somewhat of a reward and I now have something to reference, watch and share.   With recording myself and watching it myself I was able self evaluate much more objectively.  I noticed the same things you did.   It's funny that in all of my endeavours (golf, surfing, taekwondo do and much more) wherever I had an instructor evaluate me the one constant was that I was not relaxed enough.   Even though I noticed the same things, for you to reinforce it and provide guidance for intentional practice will ensure that I put effort to improve it, instead of just noticing and moving on and continuing my bad habits.   Great feedback and tips that I'll be sure to utilize going forward and im exciting about submitting more videos and hope to show my improvement/progress.   More motivation and excited to keep going.   
Thank you!
Paul

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/23/2023 4:50 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: paulcavaliere

Hi Mike,

I received your video feedback and thought I share my thoughts.

I'm really happy about the new feature to submit videos for feedback on my playing.   I hope that it is a mainstay on Guitar Tricks.   Thanks you so much for taking the time and providing such valuable constructive feedback and positive reinforcement. I rewatched your feedback video a few times.  I got so much out of it.  Firstly by deciding to record myself it held me accountable to play the song well start to finish.   With the recording it was a tangible result after learning the song - somewhat of a reward and I now have something to reference, watch and share.   With recording myself and watching it myself I was able self evaluate much more objectively.  I noticed the same things you did.   It's funny that in all of my endeavours (golf, surfing, taekwondo do and much more) wherever I had an instructor evaluate me the one constant was that I was not relaxed enough.   Even though I noticed the same things, for you to reinforce it and provide guidance for intentional practice will ensure that I put effort to improve it, instead of just noticing and moving on and continuing my bad habits.   Great feedback and tips that I'll be sure to utilize going forward and im exciting about submitting more videos and hope to show my improvement/progress.   More motivation and excited to keep going.   
Thank you!
Paul

Wonderful!  It was my pleasure Paul!  Keep working and improving!!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.