View post (Goodnight - final version)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
03/18/2003 4:01 pm
Originally posted by schmange
Actually, speaking of pitch bending, I had to use it on one word in the song. She sang the very last word, 'GOODnight' one note lower than it should have been, so I had to take the word 'good' and splice it out, open it with voice processor, move it up, then splice it back in. First time I ever tried using a vocal processor & it suprised the hell outa me that you can't even tell.

Yeah I definitely didn't notice. I've done the samething many times before, digital editing is amazing. I couldn't imagine trying to do that with an analogue tape deck or reel.

Originally posted by schmange
Never tried it on a full song before but it's worth a shot to save time.

Yeah it saves alot of time, and it's also good to just experiment with it. Sometimes just a slight key change makes all the difference in a song. I still say try transposing it to Eb, I really think you would like the results. The song is alot more powerful and positive in Eb, D makes it sound alittle downish. I really can't say enough about it, I've listened to the song several times in Eb. It's amazing. :D If you do, just do the whole wav. file or whatever you have saved it as, you don't need to remix it.

It will probably sound strange at first cause your used to hearing it in D. But I think it gives it that kick in the right direction. Eb is a very mellow sound, which is perfect for the song expression. D is more downish or sad sounding which the song as it is now is sort of depressing. It just doesn't have that strenght that Eb gives it. It's not necassarily brighter just stronger and more sensitive.

[Edited by noticingthemistake on 03-18-2003 at 10:07 AM]
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.