How do I know if a Song requested submitted is going to be released yes or no?

Violanted
Violanted
01/31/2023 2:42 pm

Hey All,

I have requested The Cramps Goo Goo Muck, not because of the Wednesday movie, but because I like psychobilly genre :-)

How do I know if this song may eventually be released? I mean if is getting declined us, users here at GT we have no visibility to this right?

Thanks

Dave Mojo

davide.violante@rockers.rocks

www.rockers.rocks

[u]Netheralnds[/u]

# 1
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
01/31/2023 5:40 pm

I also find this frustrating. At least release a list of artists we shouldn't waste our time requesting. Gave up on the mighty Neil Young but not sure if I should persist.

# 2
alffvdh
Full Access
alffvdh
Full Access
01/31/2023 7:10 pm

Yeah Tinpan, a shame about Neil Young. I'm guessing he'd be quite high up the GT list of artisits to teach but I'm also guessing that they are unable to negotiate terms for the copyright. As amazing as Neil is, he does give the impression that he is pretty cantankerous when it comes to commercial entities profitting off his music etc. Not sure if he holds all the copyrights to his music, but probably does and probably wouldn't be easy to deal with.

Shame.

# 3
Tinpan
Full Access
Tinpan
Full Access
01/31/2023 8:58 pm

Yeah I hear ya and kind of assume same but be nice to know for sure why missing such a legend of the Les Paul.

Old subject and not re-hashing but still never understood why such a big copyright deal to listen to music and try and teach what you hear to others. They aren't publishing the actual sheet music or using the original songs. I passed a busker last week playing some Neil with a bucketful of cash. šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤‘

# 4
Violanted
Violanted
02/01/2023 7:00 am

Thanks guys for your input. 

Unfortunately that doesn't really answer my question. I actually meant, when you submit a request, how do we know if the song requested, meets the requiremnts of opyright? And moreover how do we know it's been queued to be processed anytime soon?

In other words how can I keep track of my requests? Isn't in there a litst or a library of requests somewhere that we can access and see status?

Dave Mojo

davide.violante@rockers.rocks

www.rockers.rocks

[u]Netheralnds[/u]

# 5
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/01/2023 6:49 pm
#5 Originally Posted by: Violanted

Thanks guys for your input. 

Unfortunately that doesn't really answer my question. I actually meant, when you submit a request, how do we know if the song requested, meets the requiremnts of opyright? And moreover how do we know it's been queued to be processed anytime soon?

In other words how can I keep track of my requests? Isn't in there a litst or a library of requests somewhere that we can access and see status?

Hi Violanted, 

We do not provide updates about any song requests. If we are able to get the song approved, it will appear in the "Newest" on the song page. 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.