Left hand

robtarin
robtarin
01/08/2023 12:10 am

Just a suggestion but it would be good in the instructors would refer to the right hand as the strumming hand instead of the right hand and the fretting hand as the fretting hand instead of the left hand.  this would be helpful to left handed users.

Unless there is another class for left handed???

# 1
davem_or
Full Access
davem_or
Full Access
01/09/2023 2:45 am
#1 Originally Posted by: robtarin

Just a suggestion but it would be good in the instructors would refer to the right hand as the strumming hand instead of the right hand and the fretting hand as the fretting hand instead of the left hand.  this would be helpful to left handed users.

Unless there is another class for left handed???

Sadly, the guitar world is just like the rest of the world, right hand centric. Just like with scissors/can openers/etc. your brain is just going to have to learn to translate right/left to left/right for you. I'm a lefty too although I play righty but I feel your pain. You'll get used to it.

# 2
Michael1977
Michael1977
03/18/2023 6:18 am
#2 Originally Posted by: davem_or

Sadly, the guitar world is just like the rest of the world, right hand centric. Just like with scissors/can openers/etc. your brain is just going to have to learn to translate right/left to left/right for you. I'm a lefty too although I play righty but I feel your pain. You'll get used to it.

I'm left handed but sometimes use my right hand when learning how to do things. I play Guitar right handed and shoot pool left handed. To me it's what is comfortable. I think in a world of right handed oriation it's preety cool being left handed! Maybe try to use your right hand when learning the guitar. You will be surprised. 

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.