Really - a lot of stuff here!

Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
12/31/2022 12:42 am

Holy cow!

I've had an excellent time going through one of the full Basic courses, then both of Ander's Blues courses while tapping into some of the other content through the main page interface.  All excellent stuff, of course.

I really am just starting to realized how-much-stuff(!) is here that's not directly accessible through the main front page.  First clue was following some of Christopher's responses to questions in the Forum, then actively poking and searching around the site.  Amazing how much good stuff is here.  I kind of wish there was an "old content index" (hint-hint, wink-wink, nudge-nudge, though there may be one I've overlooked).

Poking around in the "News" section also led me to all of the amazing YouTube content on the GT channel over the years.  I've put some of the upcoming Live sessions on my calendar and I'm looking forward to that for sure.

All of this is just to say that my GT subscription has turned out to be one of the most value packed purchasing decisions I've made.

Happy New Year,

The Rumble Walrus

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
12/31/2022 3:36 pm

Happy New Year to you Rumble!

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
manXcat
manXcat
12/31/2022 9:50 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: Rumble Walrus

Holy cow!

I've had an excellent time going through one of the full Basic courses, then both of Ander's Blues courses while tapping into some of the other content through the main page interface.  All excellent stuff, of course.

I really am just starting to realized how-much-stuff(!) is here that's not directly accessible through the main front page.  First clue was following some of Christopher's responses to questions in the Forum, then actively poking and searching around the site.  Amazing how much good stuff is here.  I kind of wish there was an "old content index" (hint-hint, wink-wink, nudge-nudge, though there may be one I've overlooked).

Poking around in the "News" section also led me to all of the amazing YouTube content on the GT channel over the years.  I've put some of the upcoming Live sessions on my calendar and I'm looking forward to that for sure.

All of this is just to say that my GT subscription has turned out to be one of the most value packed purchasing decisions I've made.

Happy New Year,

The Rumble Walrus

Spot on the money Rumble Walrus.

That's why I too have maintained a contiguous current annual Guitar Tricks subscription for the past five years, and will for the forseeable future. 

With you also in the sentiment that it would be useful to have a Guitar Tricks site map with links to archived/superseded content, in particular so much of Christopher's structured teaching. I have a personal preference for his thorough, comprehensive more hierachically structured approach.

Wishing you a fulfilling year ahead for 2023!

manXcat

# 3
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
12/31/2022 10:13 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: William MG

Happy New Year to you Rumble!

And a safe and prosperous new year to your too William MG!

# 4
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
12/31/2022 10:14 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: manXcat

That's why I too have maintained a contiguous current annual Guitar Tricks subscription for the past five years, and will for the forseeable future. 

With you also in the sentiment that it would be useful to have a Guitar Tricks site map with links to archived/superseded content, in particular so much of Christopher's structured teaching. I have a personal preference for his thorough, comprehensive more hierachically structured approach.

manXcat

Thanks manXcat!  Happy, safe, and prosperous new year to you too!

# 5
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/02/2023 3:58 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: Rumble Walrus

Holy cow!

Happy New Year,

The Rumble Walrus

Glad you are enjoying GT!  Two really helpful places to look for content that is not featured on the main pages are the instructor directories & the collections.

https://www.guitartricks.com/instructors/155014

https://www.guitartricks.com/collections

And of course, the forum is always a great place to ask for anything you can't find.  The GT mission is to provide beginners with all the tools they need to learn guitar & then provide the biggest & most comprehensive library of lessons possible to keep learning.

Happy New Year & best of success with your guitar learning & playing!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 6
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/02/2023 3:58 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: manXcat

manXcat

Hey, thanks for the compliment.  I sincerely appreciate it.  Happy New Year!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 7
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
01/02/2023 5:34 pm
#6 Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Glad you are enjoying GT!  Two really helpful places to look for content that is not featured on the main pages are the instructor directories & the collections.

https://www.guitartricks.com/instructors/155014

https://www.guitartricks.com/collections

And of course, the forum is always a great place to ask for anything you can't find.  The GT mission is to provide beginners with all the tools they need to learn guitar & then provide the biggest & most comprehensive library of lessons possible to keep learning.

Happy New Year & best of success with your guitar learning & playing!

Hey Christopher - thanks and Happy New Year to you.  Thanks for the two links.  I'll make a coffee and peruse at my leisure.  

I'll ditto the shout out for you here.  I'm enjoying following all of the instructors here, but I almost always take a look at your content when I have a technical or theory question.  I think our playing styles probably differ a bit, but I am certain that my personal playing is better in a large part from your content here.

My personal learning style is to immediately process what's given to me and them mentally process/ruminate for an extended period of time - think on it and let it ferment, if you will.  Your delivery style suits this perfectly.  I always get an immediate "flash" benefit, then often return a couple of days/weeks/whatever later when my brain finishes processing something and I'm triggered to take another look.

All the best from Memphis, TN

Rumble

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.