Wild horses made easy

martjor854
Full Access
martjor854
Full Access
12/12/2022 12:12 am

Hi Mike,

I followed the tutorials for the Wild Horses lesson.

please could you send me the notation which matches your performance lesson of this song please.

Also the final sections of the notation suggest a repeat symbol but there is only one.

Many thanks 

oh yes could you please send me the song structure as well as explaining the details within the last bars of this song as there is a 1 and 2 above them suggesting a repeat.

great tutorial I want to get this right.

edited
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/12/2022 1:51 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: martjor854

Hi Mike,

I followed the tutorials for the Wild Horses lesson.

please could you send me the notation which matches your performance lesson of this song please.

Also the final sections of the notation suggest a repeat symbol but there is only one.

Many thanks 

oh yes could you please send me the song structure as well as explaining the details within the last bars of this song as there is a 1 and 2 above them suggesting a repeat.

great tutorial I want to get this right.

Hello!  The notation beside the video does indeed follow the performance lesson of the song.

Please let me know which version of the song you are working on -- "Wild Horses" or "Wild Horses Made Easy" so I can better assist you!

Let me know! Thanks!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
martjor854
Full Access
martjor854
Full Access
12/18/2022 1:52 pm

Hi Mike,

I was following Wild Horses Made easy.

The notation shown from the bridge section of the song is different.

Could you please send me the notation that exactly matches this lesson please.

Its a great song and I love the backing track.

Mike also, do you know where I could get a backing track for Wonderful tonight in the key of G.

I learnt this song a long time ago and the chords were basic G, C and D. Therefore if it's in the key of G the chords within the song 

would be taken from the G major scale, isn't that his the mechanics of song keys work?

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/20/2022 3:33 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: martjor854

Hi Mike,

I was following Wild Horses Made easy.

The notation shown from the bridge section of the song is different.

Could you please send me the notation that exactly matches this lesson please.

Its a great song and I love the backing track.

Mike also, do you know where I could get a backing track for Wonderful tonight in the key of G.

I learnt this song a long time ago and the chords were basic G, C and D. Therefore if it's in the key of G the chords within the song 

would be taken from the G major scale, isn't that his the mechanics of song keys work?

Hello, I just confirmed that the notation for the bridge is indeed correct.  The bridge starts with the F chord and goes from there.

One bar of F, One bar of C, then another bar of F.

Next is 3 beats of C then one beat of D - leading into 2 bars of G - then it's back to the verse.

Unfortunately, we do not have Wonderful Tonight on GuitarTricks, but perhaps you can find a backing track on YouTube.
Yes, that song is in the key of G, then the chords are all made from the notes of G major.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
martjor854
Full Access
martjor854
Full Access
12/30/2022 11:11 pm

Hi 

Wild horses made easy

can I just clarify after the bridge section we go to Verse 3 as shown on the performance notation.

This verse is played once after this verse 3 we go to

solo on repeat section bars 44-51

after this we go to bar 52 chorus 3 the outdo chorus 

Am C D    G  F

C   Am     C      D

G F  C      THere is a number 1 above bar 59 which I do not understand 

at Bar 60

there is a number 2 above the C chord

please can you explain what these mean including the symbol above the G major chord at bar 61

Can you please explain where ther is a repeat symbol at the end of bar 59 where does it link up with? I am confused about exactly how to play from bar 52 to bar 61

please could you explain this are there are also symbols I am unsure of 

# 5
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/31/2022 3:05 pm

Great question!

The repeat symbol in bar 59 links up all the way back to bar 44.  So when we get to the chorus at bar 52, we play through the chorus through bar 59, then go back to bar 44 for another interlude -- this is what the "solo on repeat" means.  It means that the second time we play through that section, there is a guitar solo.  

The 1 at the top of bar 59 is telling you to play that bar the first time through.  Then when you get to bar 58 on the repeat, you'll skip bar 59 and play bar 60 and 61 to end off the song.  That's what the 2 at the top of bar 60 means.  It means, you play starting on that bar on the repeat.

Hope this helps - let me know how it goes!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.