View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
12/06/2022 12:51 pm
#4 Originally Posted by: davem_or

William,

Thanks for the info. I've always like the sims but because I couldn't play along with GT or whatever I never used them. For me they'd actually be ideal because I'm not looking to play out or actually create any music. I just want a large library of presets and all the junk off my desk. The setup in your first post is just a bit too pricey for me (if I was looking at the right equipment). I was just hoping to plug my Behringer in and be done with it. I could handle installing ASIO4ALL if it allowed me to both hear the guitar and the backing tracks. Thanks again. I'll let these ideas kick around for a bit in my head.

I was curious about the UGC102 Dave, so looked it up. The article I read indicated: "Guitar Link provides a universal USB connection that will happily work with any of the other amp simulation software on the market."

So I think you are good with what you have Dave. All you need is an amp sim if you don't already have one. As I played with Amplitude 4, I was impressed with the amount of free stuff it came with, some clean amps, some dirty amps and an assortment of essential pedals. But for $99USD I thought "what the heck" and upgraded to 5.5

For my audio control I just have it set on "Windows Audio" and don't really seem to notice much in terms of latency when I play over GT tracks.

But again, thanks for bringing this up. Its a great topic and now I have one more toy to play with 😀

Good luck with your setup.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!