View post (Guitar Tricks Beginner Course)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/03/2022 3:56 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: electriclover1

Hi,

I've been going the initial beginner lessons but on a fender bullet strat and even with "acoustic sim" preset on my mustang amp, the cords dont sound the same. It is normal for the major cords to sound different on electric vs acoustic? I double checked each cord to make sure my fingers are not pressing other cords but it just doesnt sound the same. 

EDIT: I did use the chromatic tuner in the amp and it is tune

I'm assuming you mean the GF1 course with Anders.  What lesson specifically are you working on when you noticed this?

There is going to be some difference in timbre (quality of sound, bass, mids, treble, thin, full, etc.) between an acoustic guitar through computer speakers vs. you electric through an amp in the room with you (even with an acoustic setting).  But you should get the same pitches with those  differencs in timbre.

Without more specific information (how does it sound different?  In what way?  What pickup on the guitar are you using?  Is the tone knob turned on zero?) it's going to be difficult to help fix any potential problem.  My first suggestion is tuning.  But since you've checked that, the next is the pickup & volume & tone.

Set the pickup selector to the bridge (all the way down toward the input jack), turn all the knobs up to 10.  See if that helps.

Can you post a video example with audio to demonstrate what you mean?

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory