Beginner

robtarin
robtarin
11/11/2022 2:53 am

Hi, I am a beginner and am going through the beginners sections.  My question is will the course tell us when we are ready to try songs and recommend some or should we just stick with the lessons for now?

Thanks

Rob T. 

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
11/11/2022 1:58 pm

Hi Rob,

GT doesn't say at any point "Start learning songs after this section". Personally I don't think there is ever a bad time to try learning a song, just be patient and don't allow frustration to step into it. The song library has lots of songs for beginners, look for 1 pick and slow tempos, but again, be patient and persistant.

The other thing I would say about the site, and this is my 3rd year, is that Guitar Fundamentals provides basics, but they are only starting points. The site is like being in a candy store. You pick what you want to eat, maybe country, maybe blues. Maybe you want to learn techinque. The amount of information contained within the site is vast and we need to be self directed based on our interests. Becoming accustomed to using the search field is really the only way to getting access to all the site holds.

Good luck.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
11/11/2022 3:23 pm

Ditto William MG.

# 3
robtarin
robtarin
11/11/2022 8:06 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: William MG

Hi Rob,

GT doesn't say at any point "Start learning songs after this section". Personally I don't think there is ever a bad time to try learning a song, just be patient and don't allow frustration to step into it. The song library has lots of songs for beginners, look for 1 pick and slow tempos, but again, be patient and persistant.

The other thing I would say about the site, and this is my 3rd year, is that Guitar Fundamentals provides basics, but they are only starting points. The site is like being in a candy store. You pick what you want to eat, maybe country, maybe blues. Maybe you want to learn techinque. The amount of information contained within the site is vast and we need to be self directed based on our interests. Becoming accustomed to using the search field is really the only way to getting access to all the site holds.

Good luck.

Thanks

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.