Line 6 212

NRLoser
NRLoser
02/24/2003 12:39 am
Hey, im looking for a good, 100 watt amp. I play in a punk band (no, punk band does not just mean no talent :P). I'm looking at the Line 6 212. Can anyone tell me if this is a good choice? A friend told me its got some killer distortions, but some of you people seem more reliable.

Thanks.
Punk backwards is Knup...Somethings wrong...
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/24/2003 4:34 am
Originally posted by NRLoser
...but some of you people seem more reliable...
LOL, I'll have you know, sir, that I resemble that remark!

Line 6 makes some really good gear, in fact its gotten to the point that its hard to find any truly unworthy equipment. This is one of those choices you have to make for yourself. Try one out. If you like it, leave it there, and come back in a week or so. Try it again. If you still like it, there's a chance you have found a partner in mayhem. And if you don't like it, hey, there's a whole lot of gear out there, made by people who believe that they have the answer to your needs. In this particular circumstance, you call the shots. It's your money. You decide where, or if, you're going to spend it. Enjoy! :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
blabj
blabj
02/28/2003 12:54 pm
spiders are the nicest amps in the world! i own one and its amazin, you get loads of different distotion amp models like chrunch, an amazing fender esque amp, and INSANE! the most raucus sound ever crammed into an amp!! plus you get different effects like chorus and flange and you get ping pong an effect that you can't explain. and if that hasnt convinced you yet, my mate had 1 hour session on mine and went out the next week and bought one! no joke! plus you get 4 channels to save your own settings on and you can get a foot controller for them and one of them has a wah function on which is killer!!! so go and check out http://www.line6.com
A question to all...

If one synchronized swimmer drowns,
do the rest have to drown too?
:confused: :confused: :confused:
# 3
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
02/28/2003 10:01 pm
i played a spider at a store. It had one 12" speaker. I have to say that i was inpressed. I loved the country twang effect. I didnt end up buying it because it was six hundred somthing dollers (Canadian), and for two hundred and fifty more dollers i had to go with a tube amp that had 2 12" speakers with 80 watts of pure tube dripping tone...well thats another story... Anyways i say if your looking for SOLID STATE (not my cup of tea, but not bad either) i was impressed by the options and sound of the line 6 spider. The flextone is better of course but they can get pretty expensive.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/28/2003 10:19 pm
Originally posted by Polera
...i had to go with a tube amp that had 2 12" speakers with 80 watts of pure tube dripping tone...well thats another story...
That could only be a Yorkville YCV-80 Traynor Series amp! :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
cuz's_dxmg
cuz's_dxmg
09/27/2004 4:18 pm
I have a line6 flextone III XL, 2x12" 150wts, midi in/out, left/right external speaker outs which is really awesome. Only drawback so far is I don't have the pedal to go with, so I limited to only saving 4 diff. settings. With the shortboard or FV4, you can boost that up to 32 stored setings, I believe, plus control volume and such. I played this thing for a couple of days, then went and bought it.
# 6
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
09/28/2004 9:16 pm
This spider2 amazed me, it costs a fraction of the price of tube amps with similar speaker specs.
I only played on a 2x12" and it blew me away...I used to hate this whole digitat amp modelling thing as (and I am sure most o you agree) most of the sounds prduced by digital replicas are not perfect and seemingly thing when compared to the originals, but the spider has some really wicked sounds of its own, I currently play a laney full tube amp 9(vc50, 2x12") , but I am gonna buy a Spider2 1x12" its just so much easier to take to rehearsals and I can run both amps at gigs...
The only ****e aspect of Line6 products is that the only work with Line6 floorboards, which tend to cost a ****load.
But the spider 2 is incredible.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 7
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/29/2004 3:43 am
Originally Posted by: cuz's_dxmgI have a line6 flextone III XL, 2x12" 150wts, midi in/out, left/right external speaker outs which is really awesome. Only drawback so far is I don't have the pedal to go with, so I limited to only saving 4 diff. settings. With the shortboard or FV4, you can boost that up to 32 stored setings, I believe, plus control volume and such. I played this thing for a couple of days, then went and bought it.

Wooohooo!!! I have the same rig. It sounds awesome with my Ibanez, and rarely have I had to really tweak the amp models.

If you guys think the Spiders are good, you should check out the Flextones. Basically, a lot more power with more amp models and effects.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.