View post (jason becker)

View thread

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
02/20/2003 4:37 pm
Originally posted by Kirk_Aimar
Originally posted by zepp_rules
personally i think he is more talented (definately more modest) and is probably the best in his genre.

Yea, i can agree to that.
Yeah he's talented, he played for cacophany is he? I like his sweeping a lot. I think as a person, he's very modest than malmsteen (arrogant). Compared to malmsteen, Beck's solos are more melodic. I love to hear them especially the song tittled "Concerto" if i'm not wrong. His talent is amazing.

Btw, he regained muscle control in a couple finger? You mean he got an injured himself before? :confused:

he has lou gherig's disease, its a degenerative muscle disease, you loose control of your muscles. there is supossedly no cure. his doctors gave him 3 years to live back in 1990. the fact that he regained control over his some of his muscles is unheard of because ALS is incureable. i think that's a precedent he set.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By