View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/01/2003 8:51 pm
Originally posted by Incidents Happen
Personally, I think we should have not gone after Iraq; I think we should have gone after North Korea instead. You know why we didn't? Follow the path of least resistance. We would have had to drop some mega ****in' bombs on North Korea, to kill that Million Man Army; Nuclear, maybe. But now, North Korea will be declared a Nuclear Power, and we can't do **** against them. Great Job, Bush.

First off, there are currently no treaties or UN resolutions that say "if North Korea develops nuclear weapons, they get invaded." Therefore no matter how flaky the legal case for invading Iraq may have been, it was infinately more legal than invading North Korea (so long as North Korea did not attempt to invade another country).

Next, no matter how brash North Korea's rhetoric may be, they're only interested in self preservation. They do this every few years to get assurances that they will not be overthrown and/or get some food too because their population is starving. This current "crisis" is really nothing new.

The biggest thing though is that China, South Korea, Russia, and Japan all are united with us, and China has been doing some very intense arm twisting. North Korea really can be delt with diplomaticly because it's government's goals are totally different than Saddam Hussein's.

[Edited by Raskolnikov on 09-01-2003 at 03:55 PM]
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons