View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
08/27/2003 7:13 am
thats exactly what i meant. we have to face the fact that our picture of the world is mainly based on the informations we get trough history books, school and mass media. very little of it comes from own experience.

think about it - if there was no TV, no Newpaper ,no radio, etc - you wouldnt even know about whats goin on in your neighbour town.

now start thinking - in a world where like 90% of your knowledge is based on information other peeps give you, how likely is it, that the information is incorrect? there are ALOT of reasons why such info can be incorrect. Maybe someone wants you to think everything is ok while it isnt. maybe someone said something and it has been misinterpreted by another one (and that "another one" is in charge to write a newspaper article in a million-selling news company). the list is endless.

So we can conclude that is is very likely that a more or less big ammount of our view of the world is tinted by false info that we believe is the truth. That is the weak point of the masses and it is naive to think that those who have the power to decide whats broadcasted on media dont know about that. Media is IMO the most powerfull tool there is to controll the masses - even more powerfull than war and dictatorship or punishments. Why? because you can broadcast a specific picture of the world directly into the brains fo the masses and (if broadcasted in an appealing way) they will even stand up and fight for those ideals.
You have no idea how EXTREMELY easy it is to manipulate someone. and you will be surprised how passionately that certain someone will stand up and fight as soonn as someone tells him that he´s wrong.

There are so many examples in history that show how even history itself has been rewritten by the powerfull to fit it to their needs. just take hitler as an example. he has tried to rewrite history and teach it at school so that it fits the german picture as the rulers of the world. lets assume for a second that hitler has won.. our history books and ideals would be totally different. but we would believe that it is the truth and when someone claims that history is false, what would we do? we would bash him of course.

and the moral of this story? to put it simple.. we should be carefull with what we say and what we defend. we shoul dbe more openminded. we should maybe waste a second to think about "could i be wrong?"

i know so many folks who absolutely believe in the system "why should they lie to us? thats all paranoic chitchat from conspiracy-theoreticians"

i wish that there was a world where i can absolutely rely on our leaders and think of them as persons of integrity and honor. unfortunately ther isnt.

[Edited by Azrael on 08-27-2003 at 02:16 AM]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]