View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
08/27/2003 3:03 am
Originally posted by Number of the Beast
...can we bash protesters again?
I think Raskolnikov made the most eloquent possible statement along that line, back on the first page. Unfortunately, the second picture, (showing an adult and a baby Kurd huddled in death after one of Saddam Hussein's poison gas attacks), doesn't show up any more.

We live in a world where the 'known facts' are shaded and distorted to the point that people in the Canadian province of Ontario feel that their discomfort at not having air conditioning available for their homes, during the recent electrical power blackout, is equivalent to the grief endured by residents of another Canadian province (British Columbia) who have no homes, because of a huge, out-of-control forest fire!

Given the magnitude of that schism over a distance of 2500 miles, it becomes apparent that we need to have this kind of discussion if there's to be any hope of assessing the global picture. I started this thread to point out that we may be at risk of missing something very important in the Kashmir because too much of our attention was focused on Iraq. It turns out the situation was not as dire as I feared, or maybe it was, and we just didn't hear about it.

These days, it looks like the same cretins who were brutalizing the Iraqi people are now sabotaging the efforts being made to rebuild that sad country. Or maybe a noble band of Freedom Fighters is bravely struggling to rid their land of foreign invaders. :confused:

Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons