View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/26/2003 10:12 pm
I believe in medicinal marijuana; Although I love the Grateful Dead, that doesn't make me a pothead, or a hippie (stereotypes, people), that makes me a music-lover. I have only smoked marijuana a handful of times, and really only got 'high' once. The other 4 times were just to relax my nerves before my first four gigs; each of those four times, i just smoked a very little, just enough to calm down, before I overcame stage fright.

My grandfather died of cancer in March; You know what they give people to help against the pain? Morphine. Yeah, thats right, Morphine; You may say "well, what's wrong with morphine?"; Let me tell you that Morphine is much worse for your body than marijuana, while the benefits are much less. Morphine makes you sleep constantly (he could only go a few hours awake at a time), reduces your appetite, makes you see hallucinations, can cause seizures, you can become addicted to it, etc. Not just that, but the price; Morphine is expensive, derived from opium, etc.

Now, I want to make this extremely clear that I have reasons for believing medicinal marijuana should be legalized, and it's not some idiotic left-wing protest for nothing. Why not legalize medicinal marijuana? Would you want to make Aspirin illegal because it can kill? No, I bet that you wouldn't. Why, then, would you want to take away a possible cure/pain reliever from these people (and I'm not making people up; i've seen it, face to face)? If marijuana is getting heat for what it does, then Alcohol and Cigarettes should get more. Cigarettes are starting to become 'uncool', but what about alcohol? I live in Wisconsin, there are more taverns here than in any other state; We drink it up (i don't drink, by the way...don't like the taste) Why is it that alcohol/cigarettes can remain legal, yet marijuana can't? Follow the money trail, boys.

PonyOne- Marijuana has no 'addictive' chemical. THC is the active chemical, but you can't get addicted to it. What can happen, and there is a difference, is become "dependant" on it. This is much less severe than addiction, however; You both are right/wrong in that category.

Here's a good laugh;

Page 16, Gainer says (which was a very nice comment, too) how much he appreciated the fact that we could have an intellectual conversation without really harping on each other, and keeping it all clean. The next post.....

Well, just go and read it for yourselves (this isn't a bash, and don't respond with bashes, I just thought this segment was very funny).

~Incidents