View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/26/2003 5:15 am
Originally posted by Incidents Happen
Once again, I admit that I am not the most knowledgable person on this topic, i was four years old when Iraq invaded Kuwait.

Had the Bush administration said initially, "This is an oppressive government, and by taking out this dictatorship will improve human rights...." or something to do with human rights, I might've said "hm...okay". But by saying he has WMD's, instilling fear into American Ignorants, and putting on hold any change in the government (Note that the republicans took everything in 2002, largely because George Bush went to most states and urged them to vote for the republican).

He did say that. He also said we think he as WMDs (his key assertion) and it looks like he's supporting terrorism. Realisticly speaking, neither the terrorism nor WMD allegations have been disproven yet. Terrorist links have been established, and it's easy to hide a few shells or documentation or enough biological samples to rebuild chemical and biological weapons programs in the Iraqi desert. Let's face it; there's A LOT of it. There's no way for the UN to monitor all of it.

If Saddam did disarm, it was only to get the UN monitoring and inspections overwith so he could go back to rebuilding his military. It's not because he had a change of heart and decided to be a good global citizen. He's a lot like a man who beats his wife, but acts reformed at parole hearings so he can go back to doing what he's always done. He wasn't reformed, he was (one way or another) playing possom.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons