View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/06/2003 3:21 am
tsk, tsk.... I could'a sworn I started this thread about the largely ignored threat of war between India and Pakistan!....

So now that everyone has had a chance to re-state all of the same circular, emotion-based factoids that do not refute my position, or Raskolnikov's, I thought I would just drop in long enough to point out that this discussion has very clearly demonstrated that most of the so-called 'leaders' of the world have devolved into the squishy, pink, gutless shams that the Saddams of the world have always depended on for their survival. The unloved Mr. Hussein has played the heartstrings of public opinion like a harp.

'Popular Opinion' is not inherently correct. It is simply a position embraced by many people. People who may all be getting their guidance from various branches of the same source. People who instinctively prefer to belive tales that fit teir notions of how things should be. The only protection available to an individual who wishes to avoid being overwhelmed by propoganda, is the skill of clear, analytical thought.

The world is [u]not[/u] right; it is merely very vocal about being [u]wrong[/u].

Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons