View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
03/03/2003 5:17 pm
Of course terrorists are evil - ALL terrorists - even those who claim to be doing it to fight Terrorism. however - the problem is that we have to see where it all comes from - we have to solve the problems at their roots. You can kill a million moskitos, but there will be 2 million to take their place even more agressive - you have to dry out the swamp where they breed - and in our case the swamp is a political one!
There is no such man who wakes up in the morning and says to himself "today i will blow myself up in a disco in tel aviv". Such decisions grow inside a human beeing over YEARS ans YEARS.

What we are about to do is to breed even more such people by killing the innocent, and there WILL BE a lot of innocent deaths! There will be no Marshall Plan like after WW2 - this is a completely different, scattered nation - not like germany.

Its an illusion, that when Iraqi soldiers and civilians, with bombs raining down on Baghdad, suddenly scratch their heads and say to themselves: "These bombs aren't really meant to kill me and my family, they are meant to free us from an evil dictator!" At that point, they thank Uncle Sam, lower their weapons, abandon their posts, and rise up against Saddam Hussein...are you realy dumb enough to believe that? (general statement - not directed towards a specific person - so no offense!)

how many of us are aware that america has been at war against Iraq for more than twelve years? We are told that Iraq is a threat because it has weapons of mass destruction. How many of us remember that in 1991 the United States pulversied Iraq, destroying not just military targets, but water treatment and sanitation plants, bridges and electrical stations?

This, combined with twelve years of punishing sanctions have led even according to the most conservative United Nations estimates to more than a million deaths. When US Secretary State Madeleine Albright was asked a few years ago if she thought half a million deaths was a price worth paying for the policy towards Iraq, she did not challenge the number. She simply said "we think it's worth it." Most of the victims have been Iraqi children under five, the elderly and the sick. Now we are contemplating an even more devastating attack against a greatly weakened population.

I call that terrorism too - and if Bush is man enough to go by his attitude "all terrorists have to be punished", then he should start bombing washington instead.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]