View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
03/01/2003 1:34 am
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
The ideological background of the Maffia is strictly anti-drug, but the Mafia ended up pushing drugs anyway. I doubt very much that Osama bin Laden wants anything to with Saddam Hussein, but that doesn't mean that people on Al Quaeda's fringe wouldn't be willing to work with the Iraqis and that the Iraqis wouldn't be willing to work with them. You have to admit that the both have a few mutal enemies and a lot to offer eachother.

Well , I can tell you how would an Iraqi guy take words in Bin Laden's latest tape more than anybopdy else here , and I'll try to find an equivalent words for you to understand.
He dubbed Saddam as a "Non-Believer" , I know that to an american the word sounds funny , but if you want to feel it , it's like the Jaques Shirak (spell?) dubbing Bush as the "anti-christ" or may be harder too. (I hope you get it right now)
That's why it's absurd to assume that Saddam would work with Bin Laden for anything in the world ... Don't forget Saddam's ego too , which realy counts here.

Bush asked EVERY nation in the world to do just that almost immediately after 9/11. Infact, it was the same speach in which he coined "the Axis of Evil" phraze.
I thought you were paying attention to this stuff?

Yeah , but he didn't ask Iraq in particular to know what would be their reaction , on the contrary , he made the "Axis of Evil" statement , which proves that he don't know sh*t about diplomacy or how to deal with international issues.