View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/27/2003 1:54 am
Dude , why haven't we seen the US forcing Saddam to make some political corrections ?
The only thing we've heard was ORDERING Saddam to resign & leave ... And it doesn't make any sense, cuz everybody know he would never take such an action since it would hurt his fu*king ego.
Why haven't we seen demands of democratic elections under UN supervision instead ?
Why do they ONLY speak of war?

And tell me , which is more dangerous on the UN's authority & future , the US attitude or the Iraqi attitude ?
At least , Iraqi officials (I don't mean to defend them of course) show respect to the UN when they speak .
On the other hand , the US is like denying the whole International community & the UN for their own good.
Is this how you teach "Democracy" to the rest of the world?
It's very normal to disagree with other countries like Russia,France,etc. ... But since most of the UN disagree with the US , the US should step back and respect the interests of other countries instead of implying their domination by military force.

This discussion will never end , but I'm afriad that if the US went for a war without support from the UN , it might be the mistake of a lifetime.