View post (Punk vs. Metal)

View thread

canuck7
canuck7
03/01/2003 3:54 pm
look, pop-punk is a ****ing terrible standard to put against REAL punk.

bands like Good Charlotte, Blink182, Sum41, and New Found Glory ARE NOT REAL PUNK!!!! THEY ARE POP-PUNK!!!
GET OVER IT OK!!! I'M SO SICK OF HEARING REAL PUNK BEING TRASHED BECAUSE YOU ARE JUDGING POP-PUNK!!!

If you say you hate real punk and than start listing pop punk bands you're wasting your time, ok? i don't care if you hate real punk, but make sure you know what you're hating ok? i like pop-punk, but it's just like easy-listening kind of stuff. not my main listening or anything. but let's start getting our punk straight here ok?

pop-punk and real punk are two different genres. sometimes they overlap a little, but it's normally fairly straightforward.

now, this is one of the best constructive arguments you can have. the subject of punk vs. metal is pretty 50-50 and arguable. but it's pointless if you don't know what you're arguing about. i don't really think that POP-punk has much talent or value. but i'm trying to get people to constructively argue REAL-punk vs. metal. let's get our material straightened out.
Thanks for listening to this small piece of me.