Need something new to learn, any suggestions?

Cody_King
Cody_King
02/12/2003 5:47 am
I know my pentonics, how to bend, hammer ons, pull offs, all the basic coords im sure theres other stuff thats slipping my mind right now, anyone have any suggestions for anything that would help over all?
# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/12/2003 4:29 pm
Learn more songs , or try to come up with your own applying those stuff you know .

You should try some tapping , sweeping arpeggios & stuff like that ... Also experiment different scales , modes , exotics ,etc.
# 2
Carlos8725
Carlos8725
02/13/2003 6:11 pm
i recently ran into the problem your having cody. i was getting bored with what i was doing and my playing became idle so to speak. the best thing to do is not to get idle , just experiment with what ya know. try applying what you know andf writing your own peice. i would reccomend you learn some more songs. try something by clapton (his old stuff with cream) or albert king then apply what you learn from there for your own stuff. if ya just look around this site im sure youll find something new.
# 3
TheDirt
TheDirt
02/13/2003 7:20 pm
Remember that the pentatonics are the skeletons of the modes... you're probably missing the color notes (4th, 7th, 2nd, 6th) that the modes offer and the pentatonics don't. Try playing modes over chords instead of pentatonics.

Another pentatonic thing you can do is play a descending run in groups of three perhaps, then jump up the fretboard to a run straight down... like this... Included are some chromatics (the b5 and #5, and #7 from harmonic minor) and an arpeggio at the end (min#7).

|-8-5---5-------------------------------------------------------------
|-----8---8-5-8-5---5----------------5--------------------------------
|-----------------7---7-5-7h8p7-5------7-5----------------------------
|---------------------------------7--------7-5-6-7-5--------------6-7-
|----------------------------------------------------7-5--------7-----
|--------------------------------------------------------8-5-8-------

Copy and paste this into Notepad to see the tab clearly (it look really wrong on the forum). This is from a Latinish song I wrote. Enjoy, and feel free to comment/criticize
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.