View post (What kind of amp are you using?)

View thread

William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
10/18/2022 1:15 pm

Shopping for gear is good fun and there are many great choices out there. And I wouldn't shy away from the used market. 

It is hard for me to give a recommendation, because like many on this board, I seem to have gotten a bug of sorts and enjoy looking for something new or just different. So I have tube amps, solid state, hybrids. Too many actually. One of my favorite finds was an old Peavy bass amp from the early '70s. 200 watts of fuzz fun. 2 massive cabinets and the orginal covers! I purchased from the original owner who could no longer play due to health and wanted them out of the house. 

I would start with how much you are looking to spend, research amps in that range - and then see if an option comes up on the used market. You might be surprised at what you find put up for sale from frustrated guitar students.

I always enjoy watching the reviews published by Andertons. Over the years they have covered everything under the sun in terms of gear. You might want to check them out for amp reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/c/andertons

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!