Introductions and seeking recommendations

skyler.futrell
skyler.futrell
09/29/2022 7:57 pm

Hello all, my name is Skyler and I am new here. I grew up with family members who are talented in acoustic/electric guitar and banjo. I am trying to learn the craft of guitar for myself. I am so excited to begin this journey.

I am seeking recommendations on a solid, affordable, and most importantly, reliable guitar for a beginner. Any info I should also keep in mind would be appreciated.

Thank you!

# 1
warlock66_x
warlock66_x
09/30/2022 12:28 am
#1 Originally Posted by: skyler.futrell

Hello all, my name is Skyler and I am new here. I grew up with family members who are talented in acoustic/electric guitar and banjo. I am trying to learn the craft of guitar for myself. I am so excited to begin this journey.

I am seeking recommendations on a solid, affordable, and most importantly, reliable guitar for a beginner. Any info I should also keep in mind would be appreciated.

Thank you!

i would try a bunch.  different guitars, even same guitar, same brand, all can feel a little different. you dont say if you're looking for an acoustic or electric to start?  i think yamaha is a nice starter acoustic brand   fg or the slightly smaller fs both sound very nice for the price, and will take you quite a ways as a beginner.   but most important thing is try them......find the one that feels right in your hands    enjoy the journey and good luck!

# 2
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
09/30/2022 11:14 pm

Welcome!

Warlock is spot on with his advice.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.