beginner lessons looping needs work

z3i3z
z3i3z
09/28/2022 12:21 am

beginner lessons
 basic learning sub divisions chapter one https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/31282

paid subscription:
why is setting up a loop for sub lessons so hard. No time stamping while dragging the makers. Dose not remember position on refresh. has to be in full screen to move the b marker most of the time. The early lessons should have a no bullshit loop-able play along. for all lessons. I mean you can do it. But its way more time consuming then it should be. If Wistia cant do thease basic things. Maybe its time to use a different video hosting platform. or
every sub lesson should really have a jam track like the Learn & Play Song: Steady She Goes https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/31283 that would be the best scenario. I really like the site. But this makes me want to look else were. I didnt play for along time. So ive been running back through the begginer course to try and rebuild muscle memory and timing

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
09/28/2022 8:36 pm

Hi Z3i3z, Thank you for your detailed feedback! Sorry to hear your having issues with this feature. I have relayed your experience to the developers for their consideration. We want our site to be as user friendly as possible, so this kind of feedback is definetly helpful for us to hear. 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
crimmunity
Full Access
crimmunity
Full Access
11/26/2022 11:43 am

Hi Guitar Tricks Admin

Add another voice to the OP point

Setting up loops is a royal pain-in-the-rectory.  To get it accurate is way too much of a fiddle.  The simplest coding solution I can think of is 2 buttons

"Set Marker A Here"

"Set Marker B Here"

...or whatever you want to call it. Which would set the appropriate marker to the current video position.  No need for fiddly "enter timestamp for marker" boxes or dynamically changing a "timestamp highlight" when dragging the marker

And god forgive you if you ever make the mistake of accidentally pressing the right mouse button whilst dragging a marker!  You will then never be able to drop it, the only solution is to reload the page

But having one or even multiple links to set markers for appropriate follow along bits in lessons would hugely benefit your site imo

# 3
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
11/30/2022 12:08 am
#3 Originally Posted by: crimmunity

Hi Guitar Tricks Admin

Add another voice to the OP point

Setting up loops is a royal pain-in-the-rectory.  To get it accurate is way too much of a fiddle.  The simplest coding solution I can think of is 2 buttons

"Set Marker A Here"

"Set Marker B Here"

...or whatever you want to call it. Which would set the appropriate marker to the current video position.  No need for fiddly "enter timestamp for marker" boxes or dynamically changing a "timestamp highlight" when dragging the marker

And god forgive you if you ever make the mistake of accidentally pressing the right mouse button whilst dragging a marker!  You will then never be able to drop it, the only solution is to reload the page

But having one or even multiple links to set markers for appropriate follow along bits in lessons would hugely benefit your site imo

Thank you for the further feedback!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.