View post (A Minor pentatonic scale first position)

View thread

martjor854
Full Access
martjor854
Full Access
08/29/2022 12:37 pm

Hi,[br]I’m still not sure about the A minor pentatonic scale position one [br]5-8[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]5-8[br]5-8[br]Some backing tracks show chords played over this position [br]but I do not understand how to play chords over the above scale positions.[br]Can you explain this.[br]What I am interested in doing is playing a backing track over the above positions of Am pentatonic position one.[br]In order to improvise with the above position how can this be done do you have any examples please. With improvisation can you select any of these notes in any order and play backwards. [br]Jamming to a backing track would be great fun.[br]I am using an acoustic guitar.[br]IF playing the second position of this pentatonic scale starting at [br]5-8[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]5-7[br]Would the same backing track be okay?[br]Can you recommend specific backing racks please as I am new to this.

If I play the A minor pentatonic scale at position two [br]The notes will be different to position one do I not need a different backing track to position one.[br]The are many backing tracks in Am but there is no position for the scale given,[br]Initially I want to play position one then position two

Thank you for your time.