Need help with emg pickups

buyguestposts23
buyguestposts23
08/27/2022 8:52 am

Hello everyone I really need help, I am trying so hard to find a way to relic my emg pickups. All I want to do it to fade the logo on my emg 81s so they are barely visible. I know it's possible and I've seen them but I have no idea how to do it. It is very hard cause they are carved in to the pickup cover but I know it's possible please help me !!

# 1
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
08/27/2022 7:16 pm

[u]Just a couple of redflags I should warn you about:[/u]

High-end guitars can lose a significant portion of their retail value if they are reliced after they are purchased, especially if you are not an authorized dealer or inexperienced with the relicing process.

To retain the guitar’s value, the degree of hardware relicing should match the degree of wear or relicing of the guitar’s body and neck finish. This can be very difficult to get right if you are not a pro.

[u]this is most important:[/u]

Note: Relicing guitar hardware is a potentially dangerous procedure. It could result in bodily harm, such as skin or lung damage. You could also damage the metal parts you are relicing or other parts of your guitar in the process. Do not attempt to do this if you don’t have the proper equipment or are not sure you can do it safely, especially if you are inexperienced in relicing.

I sourced this information from: https://myguitarlair.com/relic-guitar-hardware/#:~:text=%20Hardware%20Relicing%20Procedure%20%201%20Break%20Through,oxidation%20accelerant%2C%20such%20as%20“Triangle%20Crafts...%20More%20

[u]I recommend you give it a good read.[/u]

[u]Regards. Drake[/u]

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 2
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
08/27/2022 7:22 pm

I cannot stress enough how you should research this subject thoroughly online before attempting anything.

There's plenty to read from the experts or watch (YouTube)

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.