Electric guitar

cigaris07
cigaris07
08/16/2022 4:46 pm

Hi everyone. Does anyone have any recommendations on electric guitars to buy for intermediate players. I have been learning acoustic for two years now but I think a lot of the songs I like would be better than n electric.

My price range could be 500/1000. I don't mind used. Thanks in advance ?

# 1
Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
08/16/2022 5:09 pm

Dude, you posted this twice lol

Originally Posted by: cigaris07

Hi everyone, I was looking to see if anyone had any recommendations on electric guitar. I have been learning acoustic for two years now but I think a lot of the songs I like would be better on electric. My price range would be $500-$1000 and I don't mind used. Thanks in advance

[/quote]

This was my original reply on your first post:

[quote=Drake the Red]

Hey,

For blues & metal, I'd recommend any electric with dual humbuckers, for example, an Epiphone/Gibson SG. For rock and everything else, any Fender Stratocaster or similar style guitar with triple coil pick-ups. Certain Ibanez guitars are very rock and metal effective. Flying Vs for shredding.

It's really down to personal preference and you'll find your own style will evolve and emerge the more you play. Then we'll start talking about amps and pedals (the fun part!)

Welcome to the fold, brother.

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 2
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
08/17/2022 1:11 pm

probably the one that really draws you to it.

I did the head over heart hing trying to break down guitars in my budget.

went with head and still hanker for the ESP Ltd 256 in Black Satin that was the big draw.

Lots of great guitars in that budget range. Schecter, Ibanez, ESP , PRS.

what draws you in won't be the same as for the rest of us.

List some of the options on your wishlist.

Shape. Les Paul . Strat , Tele ,SG

then colour matt or shiny

pick up config is just mind boggling . HH HSS etc , split coil or not

But finally , come back and let us know how you went

I can see myself trading in sometime for that ESP. Always have a look whenever I,m tyre kicking online

Dave

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.