Multieffect pedal & WAH-WAH

Metal Aphrodita
Metal Aphrodita
02/08/2003 9:58 pm

My name is Paula and I`m new here so first of all,...HI!!!

Well now, I need some opinions & suggestions about this purchase I am about to do.

First: I want a Multieffect pedal. I was thinking about a Digitech RP200 or RP300 (OK, the GNXs models are better, but too expensive) What do you think?

Second: It is also possible that I´ll buy an used WAH WAH. I have many offers: one is an USA MORLEY and a VOXX.
What do you suggest?

Last: THANK YOU!!!
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
02/09/2003 2:29 am
hey, welcome to the forum!

i'm not sure about the multi-effects pedals, but as for wahs, I'm not sure about Morley, the one's i've tried i haven't been impressed, but they're still good. Vox is a really good brand, ususally a little more expensive. You can hear one on Cream's White Room, and i'm not sure, but i think Hendrix's Voodoo Chile also had one. Also i would reccomend checking out crybaby. They're excellent wahs as well and a new one runs about $70+ dollars.

you should proably go to guitarcenter or somewhere and and try out the wahs and see which one is the best for you. each one has a different sound and you should check out as many as you can.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
N4Player
N4Player
02/09/2003 4:47 am
If you're on a budget, the Digitechs are ok. Whenever buying a used wah pedal - be sure the pot isn't scratchy - run the pedal up and down a few times (not playing) and make sure you don't hear any nasty scratching noises.
-Bob
http://guitar-wav.com
...another toy, to help destroy, the elder race of man
# 3
Metal Aphrodita
Metal Aphrodita
02/10/2003 3:44 am
ThanX for the advice!! ;)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.