Rhythm and lead lines

robscarveles
Full Access
robscarveles
Full Access
07/14/2022 2:47 pm

Hey Mike,

So, I am looking for a course of instruction taking me through how to insert lead lines into my chord patterns. For example, if I am playing an open E, then I would essentially insert a lead line within the notes associated with the open E.

With that said, I am thinking there should probably be a course or workshop within the GT website taking me from a beginner level to a more advance level in a series.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

[br]Rob

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/15/2022 2:54 pm

Hey Rob!

Check out Christopher Schlegel's mini-course on Improvisation:

https://www.guitartricks.com/instructor.php?input=155014

It's about halfway down the page and is called Introduction To Improvisation.

I highly recommend working through this course.

Also - if you're up for a challenge - check out Grateful Dead's "Casey Jones".

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=24600&s_id=2023

The guitar parts in this song (specifically Guitar 1) all play off the chords and are a great example of how to add lines into your chord progressions.

Hope this helps - let me know how it goes!

Mike

Originally Posted by: robscarveles

Hey Mike,

So, I am looking for a course of instruction taking me through how to insert lead lines into my chord patterns. For example, if I am playing an open E, then I would essentially insert a lead line within the notes associated with the open E.

With that said, I am thinking there should probably be a course or workshop within the GT website taking me from a beginner level to a more advance level in a series.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

[br]Rob

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
robscarveles
Full Access
robscarveles
Full Access
07/16/2022 2:16 pm

Thank you Mike...pretty much what Chris said...he also recommended the Rhythm and Lead series he teaches...definitely excellent! I am starting with E...and working my way through the series! Thank you BOTH for the guidance and direction. I have to have some level of structure in my learning environment (ret. Air Force guy...DIGS structure), so, these recommendations have been perfect!

Thank you again! BTW...REALLY enjoy your live lessons. I can't always participate when they are live as Friday's are a BUSY time around here, but, I always save them and go back and watch...REALLY like them! Thank you for those!

I'll let you know how this turns out as I continue my guitar journey!!

Rob

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/17/2022 4:21 pm

Excellent! - and thank you for checking out the live streams!

Cheers!

Mike

Originally Posted by: robscarveles

Thank you Mike...pretty much what Chris said...he also recommended the Rhythm and Lead series he teaches...definitely excellent! I am starting with E...and working my way through the series! Thank you BOTH for the guidance and direction. I have to have some level of structure in my learning environment (ret. Air Force guy...DIGS structure), so, these recommendations have been perfect!

Thank you again! BTW...REALLY enjoy your live lessons. I can't always participate when they are live as Friday's are a BUSY time around here, but, I always save them and go back and watch...REALLY like them! Thank you for those!

I'll let you know how this turns out as I continue my guitar journey!!

Rob

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.