Those tiny portable trackers...

Funkman
Funkman
02/07/2003 1:37 am
Does anyone know much about those little digital 3/4-trackers. I'm talking about the Korg Pandora PXR4 and the Zoom PS-02.

I'm thinking about buying one or the other for creating song demos. The have set drum and bass rythyms that you can set, and then record like a couple of guitar tracks and vocal tracks over. Very cool idea, and the Zoom is the size of a cigarette packet. The Korg is a little bigger, but still fairly small.

Does anyone own anything like this? Or have any recommendations or other info?
Give me Leonard Cohen afterworld
So I can sigh eternally
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/07/2003 1:50 am
Can you get a side by side demo in a store ? I started with a four track, they are great for demos / scratch pads !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Funkman
Funkman
02/07/2003 1:58 am
I'm more worried about the difference between digital and analog recording (I've used a 4-tacker before). I will eventually record the proper song on analog anyway, but I was wondering if doing the demo digital would make much difference to the feel of the song. I don't want my records to be lo-fi, but I don't want the lesser feeling of digital or overproduction either.
So I can sigh eternally
# 3
Funkman
Funkman
02/07/2003 3:56 am
Originally posted by trendkillah
Originally posted by Funkman
I'm more worried about the difference between digital and analog recording (I've used a 4-tacker before). I will eventually record the proper song on analog anyway, but I was wondering if doing the demo digital would make much difference to the feel of the song. I don't want my records to be lo-fi, but I don't want the lesser feeling of digital or overproduction either.

For budget recordings, you're MUCH better off with digital audio.
Don't worry, it won't sound overproduced at all, you'll need more than just digital audio to achieve that.

good :P
So I can sigh eternally
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.