67 yrs old Beginner can’t play g chord

mojowkng9
mojowkng9
05/18/2022 6:49 pm

I have a problem playing 6 chord..is it ok to cheat and play g6 chord..which I can play nice and clear.. frustrated..any help will be appreciated

# 1
martiniconqueso
Full Access
martiniconqueso
Full Access
05/19/2022 10:57 am

I'm a 57 year old beginner, and I had a hell of a time getting the D down. I just - couldn't make it work for me. I just kept at it every time I picked up the guitar, until something in brain clicked and I could play it. I realized recently that now, whenver I put my idle left hand on the guitar neck, I end up fretting the open D major automatically. I assume I was doing that for a long time without realizing it.

=Keith

# 2
emerydt
Full Access
emerydt
Full Access
05/19/2022 12:26 pm

Hi Mojowkng9.[br]I'm a 66 year old beginner and I can tell you that what they say is absolutely true: If you continue practicing it will come. I started approx. 2 years ago and I had the same problem. G, D, F etc. and G to D and so on. Seemed impossible. Many times I wondered if this just wasn't for me. Now all that's a faint memory and I'm now struggling with barre chords, loving it, and they are just beginning to become second nature too. So I can tell you from experience that if you just continue practicing and keep moving forward you will one day wonder what all the fuss was about. Ever with arthritis in your hands like myself. The important thing I found is to not give up (and when you do – Get Over It) and continue to have fun. Good luck.

Tom

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.