Jam Session - Charleston, SC

bsterling9
Full Access
bsterling9
Full Access
03/28/2022 6:17 pm

This is a LONG shot, but if there is anyone on this forum in Charleston SC that would like to get together and jam, let me know! I am still pretty basic and I struggle playing in front of others. I am looking to create an environment where there is no judgement for anyone and we can learn from one another. Let me know!

# 1
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
03/28/2022 7:00 pm

I cant help but think that it would be a great service if there was a place here on GT that you could sign up for jams in your home town. Sort of a Tinder for Musicians... Right for Rock, Left for Country, up for fingerstyle, and Down for Blues.

This might work in large cities, probably not so well in less populated rural areas. It is criminal that people who want to play music, cant find jams to get involved in. That was a real positive thing about the 60s through the mellennium. Everybody wanted to be a guitar player. I mean EVERYBODY had a guitar that they wanted to get better at playing. It was a target rich enviroment that makes the musical world a much poorer place, by its absence.

Have you looked for open mikes in your area? That would be a good place to start lookin for musicians. Maybe you could place an ad in the personal ads of a local news paper or on a local personal web page. "Guitarist looking for same". Good luck with your Charleston search GT search. Hope you find some suitable players to jam with. It is worth investing some energy to find a group you can make noise with. It really can be helpful.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.