Question - Anders Guitar

jmpilo
Full Access
jmpilo
Full Access
03/21/2022 7:25 am

Can someone tell me what is strapped to the neck of Anders guitar just above the bone one this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH99d_XtOag&list=RDvB8zPNRzSgQ&index=11

Is there something that can lift the high E, B, and G string from the neck of my Tele? Any insight would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks Joe

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/21/2022 11:18 am
Originally Posted by: jmpilo

Can someone tell me what is strapped to the neck of Anders guitar just above the bone one this link[/quote]

I'm not sure, but you can ask him directly in his instructor forum.

https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/threads.php?f=51

I'm guessing it's some just some kind of fiber wrap to keep the strings from sympathetically vibrating between the nut & the tuner posts.

[quote=jmpilo]Is there something that can lift the high E, B, and G string from the neck of my Tele? Any insight would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks Joe

That's sounds like a nut extender to raise the strings high enough to play slide like on a dobro.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PerfectNut--grover-perfect-guitar-nut-height-extender

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
03/21/2022 11:52 pm

Geez Christopher, I swear that you're clairvoyant. I got sucked in by this question and searched everywhere for "guitar headstock accessories" and still couldn't figure out what that strap-on gizmo is. And just last week someone gave me a guitar slide that I started fooling around with and couldn't figure out why it just didn't seem to work on any of my guitars.

Guitar nut height extender - Hmm, I learn something new every time you're in the vicinity, even when I'm not trying to.

I should just use "Thank you again, Christopher" as my tag line!

In lieu of that, I'd like to thank you again for directing me to your music theory course and your CAGED tutorial. I'm just looping them until it all sinks in.

Nicolai

# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/22/2022 11:03 am
Originally Posted by: aliasmaximus

And just last week someone gave me a guitar slide that I started fooling around with and couldn't figure out why it just didn't seem to work on any of my guitars.[/quote]

It helps to set the action a little higher if you going to play slide. You can play slide without adjusting the action, but you have to use a very light touch, using the slide with minimal pressure, otherwise it pushes the strings into the frets.

[quote=aliasmaximus]I should just use "Thank you again, Christopher" as my tag line!

In lieu of that, I'd like to thank you again for directing me to your music theory course and your CAGED tutorial. I'm just looping them until it all sinks in.

You'er welcome! Glad you are enjoy muy tutorials!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.